Thursday, February 12, 2009

Silent Love (LP 2)

[Inspired by the heart wrenching dilemma of an intense but incompatible crush I had in school ;)]

I have long since known
That not all feelings should be spoken,
For when you expose your heart,
You risk it being broken.

There is so much to consider,
Just too much at stake,
Before the move you make
To bare your soul.

What will be the reaction?
Will there be rejection?
With that I couldn't cope,
For the best, I can only hope.

And what if my declaration
Causes a bomb explosion,
In the lives of those I know,
And I become their foe...?

Society may not approve,
This may be forbidden love;
Their stigmas I can't remove-
Of religion, caste and class.

Oh, how will I neglect
The anguish of my loved ones;
Before their searing pain,
Won't this love look like selfish gain?

So let me keep this fire
Hidden in my heart,
Let this silent love
Go with me to the grave.

For there's so much to consider,
Just too much at stake,
Before the decision I take
To follow my heart.

No comments: